The thought of spending your money for whitening the teeth might sound boorish when you are facing cash problems. But it is not necessary that you get in a dither to have crystal white teeth. Do not expect a miracle on your teeth by applying home remedies but it can still make your teeth a lot better rather than having yellow teeth.
There are a few remedies and natural ways for keeping your teeth gleaming and clean. Homemade remedies are also affordable and easy to try. Few of the tips for teeth whitening are:
- Baking Salt and Soda: You need to take 1 teaspoon baking soda and mix it with salt, just a pinch of it. Add 3 to 4 drops of the vinegar to make it a paste. Make foam out of this mixture and use it to brush the teeth with this paste. You can do this after brushing the teeth with your regular toothpaste.
- Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda: Hydrogen peroxide is diluted with equal quantity of water. Add baking soda with it and brush the teeth with it. Do not try this remedy without using your regular toothpaste for brushing the teeth.
- Paste of Lemon Juice: Calcium is very important for having strong teeth. It helps in strengthening the teeth from inside, although deposits of calcium may leave the yellow stains on the teeth. For getting rid of such calcium deposits, you need to prepare a paste of lemon juice with an equal amount of salt and then brush the teeth with it.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Apart from the good taste that strawberries provide, it also posses agents for teeth whitening. One can benefit their teeth by the whitening properties of strawberries by rubbing them on your teeth. However, you still need to brush teeth with your regular toothpaste just to avoid the effects of sugars and acids in strawberries. Apart from strawberries, eating apples and chewing of raw spinach and vegetables like celery, carrots, broccoli and cucumbers can also help in whitening your teeth. Also rubbing the inside of orange peel can make your teeth clean and shiny.
- Basal Leaves: Take equal amounts of the dry basal leaves and dry orange ring and make a mixture of both. By rubbing this mixture n your teeth, you can easily remove the teeth stains.
- Wood Ash: It may sound unbelievable but wood ash works as a great agent when it comes to whiten your teeth. Potassium hydroxide is present in wood ash which helps in bleaching the teeth. The tiny crystals in it rub off the plaque even if it is present in the places which are usually hard to reach. These crystals polish our teeth and make them look cleaner. You can use it by mixing with your regular toothpaste. Try this not more than three times a month.
But it is important to know that you do not try any of these remedies more than 3 times every week as the acid in the orange peels and lemon juice may deteriorate the tooth enamel.